Corporate & Commercial
Our corporate team advises on an extensive range of legal issues concerning inbound and outbound investments, strategic alliances and collaborations in the UAE and across the Middle East. We often work alongside foreign law firms and accounting firms as Local Counsel to advise them on relevant UAE laws that apply to their cross-border transactions. We also assist many foreign entities on procuring regulatory licenses and approvals.
We regularly advise clients of all backgrounds from Government owned companies and public listed companies to individual entrepreneurs about establishing or expanding their presence in the UAE and across the Middle East. This often entails a review of both offshore and onshore corporate entities and the risks and benefits of operating in or outside of the many free zones in the UAE.
Our Corporate & Commercial experience includes:
- Advising on corporate set-ups and structuring, joint ventures, agency, distribution, manufacturing, franchising, consultancy, outsourcing, services, sale of goods, general trading and many other forms of commercial activities.
- Advising and drafting company’s constitutional documents such as Memorandum of Association, Articles of Association and shareholders’ agreement, and many types of commercial agreements to support our clients’ businesses and daily operations.
The following are examples of our recent matters:
- Assisting a well-recognized European travel and tourism company to set up its branch in the UAE to provide services in the Middle East.
- Advising a high profile Indian university to set up an educational institute in Ajman.
- Advising several Chinese public listed companies in relation to the setting up of their regional offices in the UAE.